Do you want to know the truth?
Find out whether you are the biological mother of a child
- Conclusive results
- Painless buccal (mouth) swab sample collection
- Final report available in 1 business day
- All tests are run 2x for absolute accuracy
- Quickly collect samples in the privacy of your own home
- 24/7 online test status check
- Discreet online results option available
- No age limit. Can be performed on individuals of any age, including newborns and adults
This DNA Maternity Test (Private Home Kit) is ideal for families who wish to determine the truth about maternity in private, before deciding on the next step. The mouth swab can be collected quickly and discreetly in the privacy of your own home and sent to our laboratory for analysis.
Need a legal test?
Legal testing requires you to attend an appointment for sample collection. If you need a legal test, purchase this kit and follow the enclosed instructions to pay the difference and switch to legal testing.
[tab title=”Technical Info”]
The DNA Maternity Test will conclusively determine whether an alleged mother is the biological mother of a child. Maternity testing is very helpful in cases of adoption reunification and IVF where a mother wishes to conclusively determine that she is the biological mother of a child.
- Guarantees: greater than 99.9% probability of maternity for inclusions and 100% for exclusions
- All tests are automatically run twice to ensure 100% accuracy
- Conducted using a premium 16 to 27 genetic marker system
- State-of-the-art accredited testing laboratory utilizing advanced robotics and analyzers
- 100% private and confidential
- Check the progress of your DNA Maternity Test online
Methods of the DNA Maternity Test
During a DNA Maternity Test, a painless buccal (mouth) swab sample is collected from the child and the alleged mother. The sample contains cells, and most of the cells in our body contain a full set of genetic information in the form of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid). A person’s DNA represents a “genetic blueprint” and, like a fingerprint, it is unique to each individual.
At the laboratory, the DNA is extracted from the cell and specific regions of the DNA are amplified by a process known as PCR (polymerase chain reaction). The DNA pattern of the child is compared to that of the alleged mother, to conclusively determine whether the alleged mother is the biological mother of the child.
Splitting the kit
If the individuals to be tested live in different cities, or even different countries, the DNA collection kit can be split and each component sent to a different address. The components are individually barcoded and the buccal samples will be tested together, even if sent back separately.
[tab title=”How it Works”]
Four Easy Steps
Step 1: Order text kit online
Step 2: Collect DNA sample using a simple and painless mouth swab
Step 3: Mail samples to the lab in the provided return envelope
Step 4: Receive your results online