Are you identical or fraternal twins?
Conclusively determine twin zygosity
- Conclusive results
- Painless buccal (mouth) swab sample collection
- Final report available in 1 business day
- All tests are run 2x for absolute accuracy
- Quickly collect samples in the privacy of your own home
- 24/7 online test status check
- Discreet online results option available
- No age limit. Can be performed on individuals of any age, including newborns and adults
This DNA Twin Test is an ideal way to conclusively determine whether a set of twins are identical twins or fraternal twins. The mouth swab can be collected quickly and discreetly in the privacy of your own home and sent to our laboratory for analysis.
[tab title=”Technical Info”]
The DNA Twin Test will conclusively determine whether a set of twins are identical or fraternal. Identical twins are genetically identical and will share exactly the same DNA profile, whereas fraternal twins only share approximately 50% of their DNA in common. This test can also be used for triplets, quadruplets etc.
- All tests are automatically run twice to ensure 100% accuracy
- Conducted using a premium 16 – 27 genetic marker system
- State-of-the-art accredited testing laboratory utilizing advanced robotics and analyzers
- 100% private and confidential
- Check the progress of your DNA Twin Test online
Methods of the DNA Twin Test
During a DNA Twin Test, a buccal (mouth) swab sample is collected from each twin. The sample contains cells, and most of the cells in our body contain a full set of genetic information in the form of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid). A person’s DNA represents a “genetic blueprint” and, like a fingerprint, it is unique to each individual.
At the laboratory, the DNA is extracted from the cell and specific regions of the DNA are amplified by a process known as PCR (polymerase chain reaction). The DNA pattern of the twins are compared to conclusively determine whether the twins are identical twins or fraternal twins.
Splitting the kit
If the individuals to be tested live in different cities, or even different countries, the DNA collection kit can be split and each component sent to a different address. The components are individually barcoded and the buccal samples will be tested together, even if sent back separately.
[tab title=”How it Works”]
Four Easy Steps
Step 1: Order text kit online
Step 2: Collect DNA sample using a simple and painless mouth swab
Step 3: Mail samples to the lab in the provided return envelope
Step 4: Receive your results online